Monday, December 12, 2011

How it began

It is only fair to know everything, so I am gonna tell you how it all began.

I became sick when I was 9. Very young, I know. But anyway, I fell, hit my head and never recovered. And 10 years later they could finally tell me what was wrong. I have Fibromyalgia. How do you react? Fuck NO!!!! My life is over!

Euhm, no. I kinda already knew what I had because my mom has it and I recognized it, but still, the general message that comes with this diagnosis is: You will be in pain for the rest of your life. Now deal with it. Which, ofcourse, is easier said than done. I already had 10 years of experience, so I kinda already dealth with it, but it is still depressing.

Lets make a summary of Fibromyalgia (FMS, the S stands for syndrom):
You are in a lot of pain
You are always exhausted
You always have a headache (in my case)
and much more but then it wouldn't be a summary anymore.

When I was 9 it was too much, and when i was 15 I turned my life around and started fighting.

So what will be the meaning of this blog? I want to share my story, I want to show people we can do so much more than we think and I want to help some of you by showing how I deal with it.

Because believe me, your life is not over when you are chronically ill.

xoxo

Just Me

No comments: